Subject: RE: [lojban] Re: ro prenu na ku daplu

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 00:34:21 +0100

Nick:
> And's version:
> 
> Well, I read it, and obviously I like mine better. :-) (Btw, you guys have
> noticed I've also posted this, right?)

No. I don't remember having seen it, and can't locate in my mailbox. I
would have acknowledged it and paid heed to it, had I seen it.

> One thing: you're insisting on {zei} because you want to sidestep the
> potential ambiguity of tanru, or because you don't want to look up the Evil
> that is rafsi?

I don't want to use tanru. I don't want to look up short rafsi. And I
avoid 5-letter rafsi so as to make it easier for others to look up the
constituent parts. I also approve of lujvo glue as a matter of principle.

> I hope that in {i loi ropno cu jdika ro mu'ei tu'odu'u da ge se vimcu},
> {mu'ei} is just {mu'e}, and not a new experimental cmavo?

No, it's an experimental cmavo. It's on the Wiki. It's a ROI: PA mu'ei
SUMTI BRIDI means "in PA worlds in which SUMTI is the case, BRIDI is the
case.

> What else... oh, I'm using forethought a lot more since I forced myself to
> read about them for the Lessons (in Olden Days, I had a kneejerk reaction
> against them); but because to my mind they are still marked, all I can say
> is, there's a time and place for them... :-)

I'm the opposite.

> Any man's death diminishes me, you do as {ro nu da ge prenu gi morsi zei
> binxo ku rinka lo nu mi jdika ku}. I was about to complain of it, but
> actually, that is more correct than what I had ({ganai su'o prenu cu morsi
> gi mi jdika}). (Still think mine works, of course. :-)

Yes. I wondered how important the "any" was, and my attempt to render 
it led to my more complicated version.

--And.