Subject: Re: [lojban] Set of answers encore

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:46:40

la and cusku di'e

>Another example:
>
>John believes that Bill's age is the cube root of 389017.
>
>... when John has the thought "It is the case that Bill is 73".

I think we should distinguish the two claims:

(1) la djan krici le du'u la bil se nanca
le tenfa be li 389017 bei li 1/3

(2) la djan krici le du'u le se nanca be la bil
cu tenfa li 389017 li 1/3

In (1), John's belief is about the {nanca} relationship, in (2)
it is about the {tenfa} relationship. In neither it's about both.
Whether or not {le tenfa be li 389017 bei li 1/3} is a good way
or not to refer to {li 73} is up to the speaker, and has nothing
to do with John's beliefs in (1).

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp