Subject: RE: [lojban] The Pleasures of goi (was: zipf computations & experimentalcmavo

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:07:49 -0400

>da'o wipes all variables, so we need a way to reassign just one, right?

How about an experimental cmavo? I propose goi'a, which functions as you are
claiming goi should.

>or, less usefully (and
>> therefore not the interpretation I would advocate) that ko'a can mean
either
>> John or Fred, and you have to glork which one it means.

>What a horrid alternative! No way!

Extremely horrid. Also decreases lojban's unambiguity. I don't like it, I
was just pointing out that it is possible.

>> Consider the alternative. Suppose John made ''reply'' go to the list; it
can
>> do a lot more damage to send persoanl comments to a couple hundred people
>> than for one person to get two copies of a mail - in which case the can
>> delete one. However, I do agree that people should only reply to the
list,
>> as I am doing now.

>How often are private replies sent? And if you are sending private
>material it behooves you, the one at risk of embarrassment, to protect
>yourself by double-checking the mail address.

After my HTML mail fiasco (when I tried to ask how to say "fractal" in
lojban) I got some personal flames that the list would not have wanted to
see. I have also been sent and have sent replies that it was not necessary
to send to everyone - less bad then the flames would have been, though.

--la kreig.daniyl.

'segu le bavli temci gi mi'o renvi lo purci
.i ga le fonxa janbe gi du mi'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74