Subject: Re: [lojban] Bad Mailing List Behavior Considered Harmful (was: The Pleasures ofgoi (was: zipf computations & experimental cmavo))

From: Rob Speer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:35:08 -0400

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 05:58:43PM -0400, Craig wrote:
> >This article is full of direct lies and slanted spin, and it should not be
> >used as a policy recommendation for anything.
> 
> No, the article is out of date and is obsessed with Elm. I have seen it
> argued better. I would rather have to remove a name than have to type one
> in, myself. And I do sometimes send personal mails. But, as I have said, we
> should both shut up as we will never convince each other.

You'd never get away with that misuse of pronouns in Lojban. What you mean is
"Now that I have the last word, you should shut up, as you'll never convince me
anyway." I don't mean to seem too hostile with this, but that's just a
fallacious way of "ending" an argument.

I would rather *have the name there* than have to type one in myself.

I realize that Mutt has a feature to deal with mailing lists, but I've never
bothered to set it up. So when I reply to a message on this list, I hit reply,
hit ctrl-U to delete the person's name, *type in* [email-masked], and
then proceed. I do this far more often than sending personal mails.

I don't have enough time now, but if I reply further to this thread it will be
in Lojban.
-- 
la rab.spir
noi sarji zo gumri