Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: noxemol ce'u

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 10:04:59 EDT

In a message dated 9/29/2001 9:33:33 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<x1 is a function from x2 to x3>
> "da poi ro de ke'a se -function ro mamta be ro nei"
> 
something x such that every y is (in the?) the range of the function x with 
domain all the mothers of all the every y. 

I'm not sure this describes a function at all. Is y supposed to be the range 
of the function? If so, then there are a number of functions here, one for 
each value of y. So we suppose that y is just a member of the range, in 
which case what is the value for y -- all the mothers of all the y's. That 
looks more like the domain/counterrange, rather than the value for a single 
member. If it is the value then this is clearly not the function I have in 
mind (and I worry a bit about the {ro ro de} involved) . I still think that 
what is intended is just {da poi [ke'a] function rode le mamta be de} or 
{function le romei le mamta romei}, if just giving range and domain are 
enough. And, of course, I think that {le mamta be ce'u} does that nicely 
(notice that, given certain assumptions, this would follow out of the 
descriptions given earlier).