Subject: Re: new brivla (was: Re: [lojban] Set of answers encore

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:41:30 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/2001 9:39:26 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Myself I don't feel the need to create new brivla to be so pressing, compared
> to sorting out more fundamental (and more interesting...) issues. But it 
> would
> certainly be a great help to have a vlaste that included lujvo, and not just
> lujvo used more than 100 times (-- a threshold mentioned by Lojbab). It
> should probably be a vetted list, to filter out dud lujvo, but otherwise as
> large as possible. This might speed up composition; for example, the text
> you sent me included a very good lujvo for 'saddle', which I would like
> to use should I ever have cause to write in Lojban about saddles, but I
> completely forget what the lujvo was, so would instead have to try to
> reinvent one that would probably be inferior. Far better if I could just
> search for 'saddle' in a very big vlaste, and find there your lujvo.
> 

We need both -- well, all three -- and we are each called to our special 
favorites. But we should not (some long Pauline line goes here) condemn or 
even contemn people with other inclinations, rather get on with our own piece 
of teh work. And a nice comprehensive brivla list would sure be nice.
(Oh, and I don't think even {du'u} creates an intensional environment, it's 
all done with selbri)