Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: noxemol ce'u

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:41:29 EDT

In a message dated 10/1/2001 9:22:50 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Well hey, that was only my guess at how you'd use the lujvo to say
> "the mother-of function": I see now that unresolved confusion about
> which gadri/quantifiers to use with nei/no'a may have caused a
> problem, so rephrase to:
> 
> "da poi ro de ke'a se -function ro mamta be de"
> 
> = "something x such that x is a function from every y to every mother of y"
> 
> And tinker with it until it satisfies you.
> 

But I told you how I would use it the first time. Why {ro mamta}, is there 
more than one? If so, how is this a function? Otherwise you are getting 
around to my usage, which is, after all, just the antural one. Why make 
weird problems?

<If you're talking about the value rather than the function, then I'd have
thought ordinary bogstandard "LE mamta be ko'a" does the job.>

But I want to talk about the course of values, if you will, and so I used the 
natural extension of that standard to get away from one individual to a 
range of individuals:
{le mamta be ce'u}. Thanks for the support.