Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: The Pleasures of goi (was: zipf computations & experimental cmavo

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 05:33:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Rob Speer wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 03:49:33AM -0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> >(indeed, getting into the habit of saying {rodada'o} for
> > "everything" (instead of just {roda}) wouldn't be such a bad idea,
> > as {da} gets bound sometimes. It's wordier than it should be, but
> > better than nothing).
>
> Why use {da} if you're just going to cancel it afterward, anyway?

Because you want to claim existence for only a single sumti? I used this
in my rant concerning "if, then" on the Wiki, and Lojbab was confused. I
do it (use dada'o) to be tidy with my memory. Lojban contains a virtual
machine and it's a good habit to deallocate memory when you are done using
it.

The fact that
> 'roda' and 'noda' create assignments which go unused (when used to mean
> 'everything' and 'nothing') has been bothering me for a while. Why are those
> concepts not expressed by rozo'e/nozo'e, or maybe rozu'i/nozu'i?

rozo'e? rozu'i? I don't understand any of them!

-- 
It's said that Mullah Omar has met two non-Muslims in his life. Others say
even that's not true.

Sami ul-Haq, Osama bin Laden's closest friend in Pakistan, runs the
"University for the Education of Truth," a fundamentalist institution that
educated and trained nine out of the Taliban's top 10 leaders.