Subject: Re: Broken phone status?

From: "Evgueni Sklyanin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:41:00 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., Pierre Abbat <phma@o...> wrote:
> Where's the broken phone message now? Last I heard, xod had it. Has 
Evgueni 
> gotten it yet?
> phma

Sorry, Pierre, again I forgot to switch the default address from
reply-to-sender to reply-to-the-list...

Yes, I have sent my translation to Gordon on Monday. I hope soon he'll
entertain us with the full report.

Meanwhile, to tease you I can give you the original (anyway, already
recognized by many) and the last version (my translation).

The original passage from "The Last Unicorn" by Peter S. Beagle:

He cupped his hands for the Princess Alison Jocelyn, and she climbed 
wearily and in some bewilderment to the saddle. Schmendrick turned
the 
horse, saying, "You will surely overtake him with ease, for he will
be 
riding slowly. He is a good man, and a hero greater than any cause is 
worth. I send all my princesses to him. His name is Lir."

And the final outcome:

With his hand moving wearily and slowly towards the saddle,
Schmendrick made a hole in Alison Jocelyn, the penultimate princess.
He turned the horse and said: 
"No doubt, soon you'll easily transcend in his qualities. 
Thus, he is a slow rider. 
In the way of valour, he is great and braver than any deserved battle 
reward.
I have already granted him to all penultimate princesses who are my 
daughters. 
His name is Evil Eye."

No comments.

mi'e .evgenis.