Subject: Re: [lojban] fancu

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 20:29:46 EDT

In a message dated 10/3/2001 6:42:45 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Yes, I have always been on the set-of-answers camp, though I've
> 

Gee, I wish you had said that before, rather than all the things that sound 
like the what-fills-the-makau-gap version, e.g. that {le du'u makau mamta 
ceu} is the mother-of function or that my sets had to be wrong becaue they 
were not { George, Fred, ....}. Sorry I misunderstood, but you did not make 
it easy to see your point. At the best it was the fill-the-gap view, at 
worst it was the right-answer view. And now I am trying to figure out how to 
take all you say to be a regular set-of-answers view (in Lojban it actually 
works better to use "property of answers"). It ain't easy, but I'll take it 
that you mean all the propositions that have the property of being answers to 
the stated question (how could you ahve said that was a function to the 
makau-gap-filler?)
I think you are right, by the way, that at some point I shifted from sets to 
properties and thus used the wrong gadri for awhile. That can't have helped 
either