Subject: Re: ge'e as attitudinal separator

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 02:17:08 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., thinkit8@l... wrote:
> on page 312 of the codex woldemar, it notes how
> 
> "mi pu tavla do .o'onai .oi" can either mean that the .oi modifies 
> the .o'onai (damn, i snapped at you), or they independently modify 
> the do (i told you, you pest!). what about using ge'e to resolve 
the 
> ambiguity. thus the first case is still do ".o'onai .oi", but the 
> second case is "do .o'onai ge'e .oi". it's even hinted about on 
page 
> 311. what do you think? i haven't found anything about this on 
the 
> wiki.

wait, i think i can explain this better. if you look at the 
attitudes as a heirarchy, then ge'e serves to go up one level. any 
other word advances a level and serves to modify the previous word.

thus you have:

do
*u'i
**oi
(ge'e)
**iu