Subject: RE: [lojban] translation exercise

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 14:09:16

>From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
li'o> > balvi catra fenki se kavbu zabna
>
>Have you tested the ability of you and/or others to glork the
>meaning of such locutions? Or are you advocating a kind of poetical
>style where the hearer never glorks a precise meaning but instead
>sits back and inhales the hempen fug?
>

this may not have a one-to-one correspondence to the separate semantic units 
of the english construction but i can imagine someone saying this & meaning 
the same thing (which could have been expressed any number of other ways in 
english, as well). in a lojban news headline i imagine they would use a 
groovy old prenex.

---------------------------------------------------------

"The time when the Bill of Rights, or the providing of historical context or 
satire, is most precious and most necessary is always when it is being 
deprecated as too dangerous, irrelevant or inappropriate at the present 
time." --Alexander Cockburn

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp