Subject: Re: [lojban] NU semantics

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 17:33:04

la greg cusku di'e

>could these interpretations be possible?
>
>leka brode du lenu ka'e brode
>ledu'u brode du lenu ca'a brode
>lesi'o brode du lenu nu'o brode
>leli'i brode du lenu pu'i brode

(You need {cu} in front of all {du}s.)

They are not possible in the sense of explaining how they
are used or how they are defined.

The usual understanding is that a nu is an object that has
a space-time presence. A du'u is a proposition, or, in extended
form, a relationship, where the arguments are indicated by {ce'u}.
Propositions would be the 0-argument relationship. A ka is just
like a du'u except that at least one ce'u is required.

There is no consensus about si'o (and barely any usage). One school
says it is like du'u and ka but with all empty slots taken as ce'u.

As for li'i, there is even less usage. Apparently it was introduced
for hallucinations, an event perceived only by the experiencer.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp