Subject: Mex for daily life (was: On functions to various types of things.

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 23:42:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 6 Oct 2001, And Rosta wrote:

> > I'm not sure. It would (I suppose -- though I can imagine all kinds
> > of weaseling going on on even this) make it clear that there is a function
> > being talked about. The problem ten is the temptation to see it as a
> > mathematical function, giving rise to mathemtatical entities as values.
>
> It would be a good outcome if we overcame the temptation, because it would
> show that mex expressions might have some utility for everyday discourse.

If we relaxed the stricture on "operands", allowing mex operators to apply
to sumti, we could 1. See some mex get used, 2. Probably enable some very
interesting and very Lojbanic expressions, and 3. Possibly help you guys
out with your struggles.

-- 
It's said that Mullah Omar has met two non-Muslims in his life. Others say
even that's not true.

Sami ul-Haq, Osama bin Laden's closest friend in Pakistan, runs the
"University for the Education of Truth," a fundamentalist institution that
educated and trained nine out of the Taliban's top 10 leaders.