Subject: Re: Qualities and jei (was: Re: [lojban] A revised ce'u proposal involving si...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 16:26:26 EDT

In a message dated 10/8/2001 1:18:07 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> ru'a A sutra bajra klama cei broda B .i xu le ka ce'u sutra bajra ku goi
> ko'a ka broda .i pe'i na go'i .i pe'i ko'a ka ce'u broda .i .uo
> 
Given that we have three conflicting ideas (at least) about the role of {ka}, 
this manages to be pretty unclear. On the assumption that {ka} is here being 
used for a property of things, {du'u ... ce'u...}, for clarity, and that 
{cei} takes in the whole selbri as its pre-scope, I'd have to agree. The 
property "running fast" is not the property "going running fast" or even the 
property of someone's going running fast (not sure about {ce'u}less {ka} in 
this context). But I don't think it is the property "going running fast" 
either. It might be the property of someone's going, however. Using 
Lojbab's view of {ka} le du'u ce'u sutra bajra cu ka A klama B, i.e., le nu A 
klama B cu nu sutra bajra or le nu A klama B cu ckaji le du'u ce'u sutra 
bajra. This last is clearly not quite right, since,as xorxes notes, Lojban 
is terrible at predicate adverbs.
I feel relatively better about le du'u ce'u cilce ka mi prami do.