Subject: Lessons

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:06:38 +0200

I probably should have sent this in a private email, Sorry, I couldn't find
(read:couldn't be bothered to find) Nick or Robin's emailads.

http://www.tlg.uci.edu/~opoudjis/lojbanbrochure/lessons/less7summary.html

for : "How to refer to facts (nu) as distinct from events (du'u)"

read : "How to refer to facts (du'u) as distinct from events (nu)"

Along with all the other things I'm wanting to do at the moment (such as
battering me la xamlet. bau la lojban into the Procruste's bed of metre),
I'm thinking of translating the lessons into French and German. Two
questions: are they ready? (At any rate, I'd like to read Nora's comments
first) What do I do about all the vocabulary? (I don't feel like translating
any of the members of the gi'uste with a single word or add any other words
that might not conform)

Greg

p.s. Another thing I've just noticed:
http://www.tlg.uci.edu/~opoudjis/lojbanbrochure/lessons/less8sumticonversion
.html

It is said of : {le go'i cu go'i le se go'i le te go'i li'o}
"this version of the sentence repeats the previous sentence, complete with
its sumti" - so does go'i

--

"I have a proposal for the international community:
help us build an execution block ; then we will be able to use our stadium
for playing football"
*the afghani foreign minister*