Subject: Re: Lessons

From: Nick NICHOLAS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 12:38:08 -0700 (PDT)

cu'u la greg.

>I'm thinking of translating the lessons into French and German. Two
>questions: are they ready?

Up to the community, I suppose. If I will include sample reading passages,
the answer is no, but that won't affect the English-language content. I am
waiting for two swathes of comments, from Nora and John; Nora's just sent
comments on lessons 1-7. I will let people know when this is finalised; it
is unlikely to be before I leave on Nov. 4.

Btw, Bjoern Gohla has already started on translating the lessons, though I
think the mutability of the lessons stopped him. :-) You may wish to
coordinate with him.

>What do I do about all the vocabulary? (I don't feel like translating
>any of the members of the gi'uste with a single word or add any other words
>that might not conform)

I don't see how you can avoid translating the gi'uste.

-- 
== == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == == ==
Upon completing His outburst, God fell silent, standing quietly at the
podium for several moments. Then, witnesses reported, God's shoulders
began to shake, and He wept.
[http://www.theonion.com/onion3734/god_clarifies_dont_kill.html]

Nick Nicholas. [email-masked] http://www.opoudjis.net