Subject: Re: [lojban] "knowledge as to who saw who" readings

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:13:46

la pycyn cusku di'e

><
>   su'o da poi grute ku'o su'o de poi pelxu zo'u da du de
>   For some x which is a fruit and some y which is yellow, x=y.
>
>Is that about reference?>
>
>Yep; it says that the two approaches end up referring to the same thing.

I must be misusing "reference" then. To me that sentence has the
same sense as {su'o da grute gi'e pelxu}, and I perceive no
reference there, it's a statement about the world, but not
about any of its things in particular. How do we call the
reference that occurs in a term like {ko'a}, as opposed to
this "reference" of {su'o da} that doesn't point to anything?
This is just meant as a question of vocabulary.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp