Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: How do you feel about this new usage?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:48:51 EDT

In a message dated 10/12/2001 10:02:20 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> . i think you're
> > really trying to say "x1 x2 dunli/simsa le ka parbi". the
> > tanru/lujvo just sort of abbreviates that.
> 
> 
> 
> This is an approximation of the English phrase "inasmuch as". Their truth
> values are proprotional. Since all truth values are in [0, 1], I could
> have just as well used bare dunli.
> 
> Also, x1 and x2 are jezbroda, of course. And instead of le ka parbi, it
> could be le ni ce'u jetnu
> 

I don't see how any of this means "inasmuch as," which I tend to equaate 
with the inferential "since." Bare {dunli} would suggest that they have the 
same truth values, as would adding {le ni ce'u jetnu}. So, what does 
"proportional" mean and how is it related to either givens or causes?