Subject: Re: [lojban] le vlatai be zo damskrima

From: Richard Curnow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:47:01 +0100

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 11:28:45PM -0400, Pierre Abbat wrote:
> I found the word {damskrima} on the sports page and ran it through vlatai, 
> which rejected it. I don't see what's wrong with it, other than not making 
> much sense. Is this a bug in vlatai, or is it really an invalid word?
> 

I think it's because the consonant cluster is too long. There was a
discussion a while back which set the limit in fu'ivla at 3 consonants
in a row, unless one is syllabic with consonants surrounding it. So
"mskr" is >3 letters and the "m" and "r" (both syllabic) are at the ends
of the string, so don't "reset" the count.

If this algorithm is wrong, let's reopen the discussion as to what the
requirement is, and I'll make the necessary changes after we've decided.
(Sigh in advance.)

-- 
Richard.
---------------------------------+-------------------------------------
Richard P. Curnow | C++: n., An octopus made by
Weston-super-Mare, UK | nailing extra legs on a cat.
http://www.rrbcurnow.freeuk.com/ |