Subject: RE: [lojban] if lojban is logical, why are we doing the Bible?

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 06:49:53 -0400

>the Bible is a great source of irrationality today. from gay bashers
>to creationists, i see it breed a lot of mob think and illogical
>beliefs. lojban being a language for intelligent and logical people,
>i would hope most or all of the users are atheist. the only reason i
>see to translate the Bible is the great wealth of other languages it
>has been translated into for comparison. but i suppose it
>appropriate that Alice in Wonderland and the Bible are the first
>major projects--both are fairy tales.

Logical and Rational are not the same thing (consider your views on hex,
which are well thought out and logically argued yet still make no sense to
the rest of us). Lojban is thus a logical language, not a language for
rational people - and besides, a great many of the smartest people ever have
not been atheists. Also, the Bible itself is nothing more than a collection
of stories, the significance of which depends on your religion. I am not
Christian, but I have read the Bible and while I disagree with the many
people who use it to back their actions the book itself is a great source of
inspiration, and has harmed nobody. Besides, is maiky'elsem's "lapoi pelxu
ku'o trajynobli" any more rational? Why aren't you getting fired up about
it?

By the way, I have not started ignoring all your messages yet, in case you
haven't noticed, but I will if you cannot learn to be less inflammatory.
Having myself been told I was going to hell several times (including by my
own uncle once), I will not listen to those who persecute others for their
religions, no matter who the victims are.

--la kreig.daniyl.

'segu le balvi temci gi mi'o renvi lo purci
.i ga le fonxa janbe gi du mi'
-la djimis.BYFet

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74