Subject: Re: if lojban is logical, why are we doing the Bible?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:25:01 -0000

--- In lojban@y..., "James F. Carter" <jimc@M...> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 October 2001 08:30, thinkit8@l... wrote:
> > the Bible is a great source of irrationality today. from gay 
bashers
> > to creationists, i see it breed a lot of mob think and illogical
> === snip ===
> 
> Not to dump on the views expressed by the various correspondents, 
but I
> remember the last flame war (about hexadecimal, in which I 
inadvisably
> participated), and my mailbox is already overflowing with 
legitimate stuff.
> 
> May I request that the participants discuss on the merits, directly 
with
> each other and not to the list? (Discussions *in Lojban* of course 
will be
> welcome as examples of Lojban text.)
> 
> James F. Carter Voice 310 825 2897 FAX 310 206 6673
> UCLA-Mathnet; 6115 MSA; 405 Hilgard Ave.; Los Angeles, CA, USA 
90095-1555
> Email: jimc@m... http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc (q.v. for PGP 
key)

i suggest you killfile me. however, you may get posts in reply to 
any "flame bait" i may post. since those replies are obviously from 
people who cannot resist feeding "trolls", just killfile those people 
too.