Subject: Re: [lojban] ga'ezga

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 12:22:00 +0100

>>> Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]> 10/18/01 01:07am >>>
#I think I've figured out (for Exodus 2:2, "she [Jochebed] saw that he 
#[Moses] was good") the word I wanted in Genesis 1:4.
#
#My version: .i la cevni cu catlu le gusni noi xamgu
#Mark's version: .i zgana fa la cevni le gusni fi'o se jinvi loza'i xamgu
#My new version: .i la cevni cu ga'ezga le gusni le ka xamgu
#
#ga'ezga:perceive as having quality:x1 perceives that x2 has quality x3 with 
#sense x4 under conditions x5
#
#Comments?

You should make it a condition of the meaning that x2 is the stimulus.
Otherwise, the place structure could equally well be

x1 perceives that x2 is true with sense x3 under conditions x4.

(which is in fact what KJV has: not "And God saw it to be good" but
"And God saw that it was good", *iirc*)

--And.