Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: if lojban is logical, why are we doing the Bible?

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:51:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, And Rosta wrote:

> Xod to tinkit:
> #.i mi tugni le du'u ko darlu bau la lojban
>
> I read that as:
>
> "Cause me to agree with each of certain propositions according to which you argue in Lojban"
>
> I think Xod means something more like:
>
> ie ko darlu bau la lojban
>
> No?

Better:

.i mi tugni le du'u do .ei darlu bau la lojban

But, isn't an argument where people (try to) get the others to agree? So
the original interpretation ("Cause me to agree with each of certain
propositions according to which you argue in Lojban") isn't so bad after
all.

-- 
It's said that Mullah Omar has met two non-Muslims in his life. Others say
even that's not true.

Sami ul-Haq, Osama bin Laden's closest friend in Pakistan, runs the
"University for the Education of Truth," a fundamentalist institution that
educated and trained nine out of the Taliban's top 10 leaders.