Subject: Re: [lojban] Broken Phone, round 2

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:13:43 -0400

The following sentence got completely mangled:

Varney: Repeat what has passed between us or not, as you please.

Craig: do cuska le mi'o cusku fau lenu do djica
This was the first error. {cuska} is not a word, and I took it to be a typo 
for {ciska}.

Pierre: Si vous voulez, écrivez-nous qui parlons.
I meant "nous qui parlons" to be the direct object, even though that makes no 
sense, because {le mi'o cusku} is x2 of {cuska}.

Evgueni: fau le nu do cuxna kei ko ciska mrilu fi mi'a poi tavla
Evgueni took "nous" to be the indirect object.

And: ro ba'oi tu'odu'u do cuxna tu'odu'u se mrilu cei bu'a do ma'a poi tavla 
cu bu'a ko
I'd have to see what Xod wrote to figure out where this verbosity came from.

Jorge: Cuando usted elija enviar correspondencia a aquellos de nosotros que 
hablamos, hágalo.

Rob: calenu do jdice ledu'u notci fi do tu po'u mi'a zi'epoi tavla keikei ko 
zukte ra

Greg: While you decide to send a message to us, those who are talking to you, 
do it.

Arnt: ca le nu do jdice le nu te notci fo mi'a ku le tavla be do cu gasnu zo'e
At first I thought that "those who are talking to you" got moved to the other 
clause, but on running it through jbofi'e, I see that rather the imperative 
was lost.

Nora: Action will be taken when your decision about the one talking to you is 
to send us the message.

phma