Subject: Re: Rafsi for "nai"?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:24:31 -0000

Rob Speer <rob@t...> wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 07:32:02PM -0000, hfroark@b... wrote:
>>I am finding the absence of a rafsi for "nai" in 
>>connectives problematic.

>{nai} is just a shortcut. You could just as well use {na'e nakni je 
na'e
>fetsi}, which if you make a lujvo directly out of it is
>{nalnakyjevnalfe'i}.

>But, though {je} and friends are very useful in tanru, I feel that if
>you need to use them in lujvo to preserve the meaning you want, 
you're
>going at it the wrong way. How about {nalcinse}?

Although it's nice to know that it can be done, I suppose 
that I was taking that unambiguity idea in the wrong way. 
Incidentally, my English nonce word mono-sexual, I now 
recall, has been used in some circles to refer to 
heterosexuals and homosexuals as a group, primarily to 
refer to what some bisexuals regard as common qualities in 
both. So my English "word" wasn't unambiguious either.

My specific examples came out of playing with the 
connectives, using the gender words to see what 
combinations I could get. Some of them seemed fairly 
useless; for example, the ones involving "ju" seemed to be 
likely to be the least used ones in tanru and lujvo in 
general; but I thought that they should all be expressible.

>-- 
>la rab.spir
>noi nakyjevnalfe'i

.u'i