Subject: SVO (was RE: [lojban] observatives (was RE: a construal of lo'e & le'e))

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 18:00:53 -0500

>(Lojban text nowadays, it seems to me, is much more SVO than it was
>in my early years on this list).

>Odd, I am seeing a lot more SOV than before (am I just reading more
xorxes?) and some considerable VSO (all too often without flags). We
>were pretty malglico in that respect for a long time, except tfor the
occasion "I want to write weird" type, who may have diminished a bit.

I write vs, svo, and sov mixed; though the latter is rarer in my writing.
When translating, since lojban word order is relatively free, I tend to keep
to svo to match the original. Though see my hompage on wiki, I put several
verbs at the end there even in translating {Anonymous, but I think it was
Pierre}'s question about my pets: ''.i le mlatykai ratcu .a le blanu je
kanlykai cipre xu se go'i''. I also do like to put modally added sumti
together and on a seprate side of the verb from the normal sumti, when I
have both: ''.i bai mi puzi binxo zo pi'e''. Which goes on which side is
variable. S you aren't just reading mor xorxes, I've shown up too zo'o

--la kreig.daniyl.

'.i do cu vanci le ba panje xusra
.i denci gunma le se gidva'

xy.sy. gubmau ckiku nacycme: 0x5C3A1E74