Subject: Re: [lojban] observatives (was RE: a construal of lo'e & le'e

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:50:21 +0000

>>> <[email-masked]> 10/29/01 09:20pm >>>
[email-masked] writes:
#> (Lojban text nowadays, it seems to me, is much more SVO than it was 
#
#Odd, I am seeing a lot more SOV than before (am I just reading more xorxes?) 
#and some considerable VSO (all too often without flags). We were pretty 
#malglico in that respect for a long time, except tfor the occasion "I wantto 
#write weird" type, who may have diminished a bit.

I don't read enough text -- certainly less than you -- to be confident of
my impressions. It would be interesting to see pukka statistics, if anybody
can be bothered to assemble them.

SVO isn't necessarily malglico. If your preference, as mine is, is for VSO,
but you get annoyed by having to fa-tag the S, then the next closest
thing to VSO without fa tags is SVO. I do hate the rule that makes the
first sumti in a selbri-initial bridi the x2, though.

Speaking of word-order, another thing I wish for is a SE converter
that moves a nonx1 to x1 and then shuffles all other places along
one. I find I need that more often than standard SE conversion.

--And.