Subject: Re: [lojban] SE--FA interaction

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:39:39

la jeiz cusku di'e

>>From where I sat, it looked like:
>
>And: I don't like SE.
>pycyn: So use FA instead.
>And: Nono, I don't like SE in sumti tails.
>Jay: {broda be fo do} is a perfectly fine sumti tail.
>And: Nono, I meant using SE to make a sumti from the x2 of broda.
>Jay: Oh. How do you get any shorter than a monosyllabic cmavo?
>
>(warning: simplification not intended to belittle arguments)
>
>Care to enlighten me as to what I missed?

It is not SE that And doesn't like, it is the SE-FA interaction
(as the subject line suggests). In {le te dunda be fi mi}, he
doesn't like having to use {fi} instead of {fa} to get to the
x1 of dunda.

Usage has gone both ways on this, I have often seen FAs used
as if they were not affected by SEs.

Personally, I'm still too far from fluency in place structure
juggling to have any preference. Place structures is what I find
most difficult to learn in Lojban so far. It is for very few
gismu that I remember the place structure with any degree of
confidence.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp