Subject: [lojban] RE: SE-FA

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:08:38 +0000

>>> <[email-masked]> 10/31/01 01:20am >>>
#And:
#<Speaking of word-order,another thing I wish for is a SE converter
#that moves a nonx1 to x1 and then shuffles all other places along
#one. I find I need that more often than standard SE conversion.>
#
#It is easy to create one for each place, though I have never had occasion to 
#use one or see one used. They are complex, of course, unless taken as units.  
#Which of the possible interpretations of your description do you prefer? I 
#suppose you mean (for 3) 31245, i.e. setesete (I think). If you want this 
#reordering to start from the shifted number and then get round to 1ff at the 
#end (34512), that is different, texeseve.  

I had in mind 31245. Which is setese = tesete. I find that even with one
SE conversion I have to concentrate to remember the resulting place
order (se is okay, but te/ve/xe are harder), and that with two SE I have
to resort to working it out on a piece of paper. So anyway, yes, learning
"setese" as a unit might in the end be the simplest option. I have in 
fact used setese, but I don't think it's fair to inflict it on people; unless
they've learnt it as a unit, which they won't have, because nobody
else uses it, they'll have to spend two minutes working it out.

--And.