Subject: Re: [lojban] SE--FA interaction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 04:32:03 EST

In a message dated 10/31/2001 11:06:05 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> #Does easiest mean "fewest ordering words", "fewest ordering syllable" or 
> #"conceptually simplest devise"? The latter is almost always going to be 
> FA 
> #plain, except otherwise unmodified SE.
> 
> All of those. The optimal balance of brevity and conceptual simplicity. To
> me, the balance is not obvious. On the one hand I try to avoid fa tags
> when they are evitable, while on the other hand my mind gets all tangled
> up by place structure rules.
> 

FA tags are conceptually simplest, since they tell you what the place is 
fairly directly. SE is often remote and muddling. Complex SE, unless there 
is an easily recognizable pattern ( I think there were some, but I don't 
remember how they go), is hopeless. Clearly anything that uses more than 4 
syllables is unbrief for 5 places, no matter how conceptually tidy it is.