Subject: Re: [lojban] a construal of lo'e & le'e

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 23:25:51

la pycyn cusku di'e

>How did prototype chat move from {loi}, where it lived for a couple 
>decades,
>to {lo'e}?

I think it was when collective chat took over {loi}.

The correspondence with Loglan goes something like this:

Lojban: lo le loi("mass") lo'e lo'i("set")
Loglan: -- le leu("set") lo("mass") ----

Loglan doesn't need Lojban {lo} because it uses bare quantifiers
for that (Lojban does this too, so we don't really need it either).

In Loglan "sets" can carry logs, in Lojban "masses" do this.

Loglan's "mass" is Mr Rabbit, which corresponds to Lojban's {lo'e}.

Loglan is blessed by not having a gadri for mathematical sets.

{le} is the same for both.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp