Subject: Re: [lojban] a construal of lo'e & le'e

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 16:53:07 EST

In a message dated 11/1/2001 5:28:48 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> la pycyn cusku di'e
> 
> >How did prototype chat move from {loi}, where it lived for a couple 
> >decades,
> >to {lo'e}?
> 
> I think it was when collective chat took over {loi}.
> 

Pity. Mr. Broda really belongs in {loi} as that theory's correlate of the 
mass of brodas and the the mass Broda in count and mass metaphysics 
respectively. The patterns -- except for primacy and minor details -- are 
the same. Lojban does not much favor any of them but allows each of them to 
be used both freely and constrainedly. We do tend to force our own favorite 
(typically count) on Lojban (and to favor constructions that flow most 
naturally with that) , but Lojban does not pick and choose. The only major 
metaphysic that Lojban has real trouble with is radical empiricism, but that 
is, by definition, ineffable, so Lojbans problems are not unique.