Subject: Re: [lojban] da, scope, usage

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 13:16:51 EST

In a message dated 11/2/2001 4:21:22 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> > Y'all should pay attention -- especially if And and pc (and throw in 
> xorxes) 
> > agree about ANYTHING.
> 
> I think people begin to tune out when the thread starts to involve such
> things as "Mr." or "extension", or acronyms like "SAE". I don't know why
> I kept reading for so long.
> 

I don't know either, but I hope you keep it up. These discussions have gone 
on for a long time (hence the shortcut terminology) and could use some new 
blood. There used to be a crib sheet with the major terms explained on it. 
Maybe the Elephant will find it again, or a search back through the archives 
come up with the relevant initial passages at least. Or you could ask (which 
can be embarrassing for us, since we have often been using terms so long we 
kinds forget exactly what they mean and use them like slogans). 

<> We over here in TRUTH resent the "non-user" crack and laugh at the 
absurdity 
> of us as a cabal.

Well, And was honest enough to admit once that he doesn't use the
language, he only discusses it. Don't know about you.>

I crank out stuff when I have time or something interesting to try out. The 
biggest joke is to think of And and I and xorxes and? as a cabal (not that 
cabals don't often break into rancorous factions, but usually only after 
reaching a agreed upon goal, the lack of which is this triad's major problem).