Subject: Re: [lojban] "I know you have a brother..."

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 08:58:48 EST

In a message dated 11/3/2001 9:39:38 PM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> (4) mi djuno lo'e du'u (su'o da zo'u) da bruna do 
> i zo bil cmene da
> 
> But this is logically malformed. Instead, I would suggest:
> 
> (5) mi djuno lo'e du'u (su'o da zo'u) da bruna do 
> i zo bil cmene le co'e
> 

Well, the first has the problem within the basic rules (16.14) that the {da} 
is in a subordinate clause so even changing {i} to {ije} would not help 
officially. Only the fact that this is {djuno}, not {krici}, say, allows the 
extension to be even plausible. So, some help is needed, whether "the 
whatever" is quite right is another question. I would be inclined to stop 
off at {cmene}, since we are going to have to glork it anyhow, unless be say 
{le bruna be do}.