Subject: RE: [lojban] "I know you have a brother..."

From: "Craig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 11:08:13 -0500

>That takes care of what of the crucial sort was wrong with (6). All that
is left now is that {djuno} takes propeositions {du'u}, not events >{nu}.
And a worry about pulling references out of subordinate clauses with mental
predicates (I believe that Sherlock Holmes is still
>alive. He raises bees in Suffolk.)

Which is a problem with the original - I know you have a brother; his name
is Bill. But with your complaint about the prepositions:
(8) mi djuno fi lenu zo'e bruna do .i zo bel. ra cmene

I believe that the English expands to 'I know about your having a brother'
just as easily as 'I know the fact that you have a brother' - though it
could also be 'I know about your brotheredness' which could also be:
(9) mi leka se bruna do djuno

Which has the problem that there is then no referent for an anaphor, hence I
propose:
(10) mi leka se bruna ko'a goi zo'e ku do djuno .i zo bel. ko'a cmene

Is ''leka se bruna ko'a'' legitamate, or is it two sumti ({leka se bruna}
and {ko'a})? And is it better as 'ko'a goi zo'e' or 'ko'a goi da'?