Subject: Ezekiel 1:4

From: Pierre Abbat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 12:49:27 -0500

This verse has lots of hard vvordes and I don't have enough le vlavanbi lenu 
glorkena fi ri.

@c 1:4. And I saw, and behold a whirlwind came out of the north: and a
@c great cloud, and a fire infolding it, and brightness was about it: and
@c out of the midst thereof, that is, out of the midst of the fire, as it
@c were the resemblance of amber:
1:4. .i mi viska le kasybi'e poi klama fi le berti ku'o .e le barda dilnu .e
le fagri co se simle'a .e le gusni poi sruri .i le midju cu simsa lo kanla
be la xacmil

The Hebrew is as follows (with perhaps errors because some letters may have 
been nicked):

va'ereh vahineh ruach sa`arah ba'ah min-hatsafon `anan gadol va'esh 
mitlaqachat ynogah(?) lo saviv umitokhah ka`ayin hachashmil metokh ha'esh

What do "sa`arah", "ynogah", and "hachashmil" mean? Does "`ayin" mean "eye" 
or "spring"? Does "mitlaqachat" mean that the wind and the cloud were taking 
the fire from each other?

phma