Subject: Re: [lojban] only in subordinate clauses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:25:42 EST

In a message dated 11/5/2001 7:00:44 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> {le vidrnvariola te djuno le du'u zvati le skebriju [?] be ne'i la jonsi'u 
> jecta .e la rukygug po'o}
> 
> Is that similarly ambiguous? Are there better ways of saying it?
> 

Aside from the question of whther this (or any place) is the right place to 
use {po'o}, this has the peculiarity that it says that two places are the 
only place where something happens. I think you want to join the two with 
{joi} or some such. the whole seems clearly to have the interpretation you 
originally gave the quote, not the intended one. 
Going back to basics, the distinction is between
{ro da zo'u ganai le vidrnvariola te djuno le du'u vy zvati le skebriju be 
ne'i da gi da du la jonsi'u jecta a la rukygug } and
{le vidrnvariola te djuna le du'u ro da zo'u ganai vy zvati da gi da du la 
jonsi'u jecta a la rukygug}
I am not wild about {jonsi'u jecta} and would expect (and welcome) complaints 
about {le du'u}.