Subject: Re: [lojban] only in subordinate clauses

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:15:44 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Pierre Abbat wrote:

> I found the following sentences while reading the news:
>
> The smallpox virus is known to exist only in laboratories in the United
> States and Russia. But germ warfare experts suspect that other countries,
> including North Korea and Iraq, may have secretly obtained stocks.
>
> The first sentence is ambiguous, and without the second I would interpret it
> as "It is known that the smallpox virus exists only in laboratories in the
> United States and Russia."
>
> {le vidrnvariola te djuno le du'u zvati le skebriju [?] be ne'i la jonsi'u
> jecta .e la rukygug po'o}
>
> Is that similarly ambiguous? Are there better ways of saying it?

.uicai .e'usai

le vidrnvariola ca du'o zvati noda po'u na'ebo le skebriju be vi le
gugrmerkos ku joi le gugnrucas

-- 
"You can not stop us. We have this anthrax. You die now. Are you afraid?
Death to America. Death to Israel. Allah is great."