Subject: RE: [lojban] observatives & a construal of lo'e & le'e

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 02:20:02 -0000

pc:
> [email-masked] writes: 
> What *would* you use? Remember that the selbri has to be cuktrodisi 
> (or "me la odisix") -- plain "la odisix" is a copout.
> 
> Given your discussion, I would have thought that {la odisix} (yuck, 
> ptui!) would have been the perfect thing for the prototytpe and {me 
> la odisix} for "is a version of the Odyssey," so {lo me la odisix} 
> for "a version of the Odyssey" You want an individual for the 
> prototype and this is as close as you can get to that, and {me} is 
> just about perfect for "is a version of." Only {lai} could look 
> better than {la}, and there I fear we may have oversold the 
> mass-prototype, so that simple prototypes can't work anymore (without 
> a lot of reeducation -- which And might better be doing than trying 
> to make yet another prototype word in Lojban). 

{la odisix} is indeed the perfect thing, IMO, and {me la odisix}
for versions of it. But this is no good in the present discussion,
because it fails to generalize to other generics. For example,
knowing that the generic Odyssey is {la odisix} does not tell us
how to refer to the generic lion. Hence it is important that Lojbab
find a way to refer to the generic Odyssey using "cuktrodisi".

--And.