Subject: Re: [lojban] Digest Number 1116

From: "G. Dyke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:41:18 +0100

#Could the glossing typical/stereotypical for lo'e/le'e be extended to
#other -e/-o? (ie. the ideosyncratic part = stereo)

How do you mean?

** Well typical/stereotypical make a nice and pe'i accurate distinction
between lo'e and le'e. In other words, if the "typical" part is not
necessarily correct, I think the "stereo" is.

#I've come to the conclusion that leKA rarely means anything like what I
#usually what to say, but I can't figure out what I should be saying : I can
#make no sense out of And's lo'edu'u.

"du'u" in my usage is orthodox. I use "lo'e" because there is only one
"du'u" of any given type (unless it contains a Qkau, according to Jorge
and pc).

#joining the two last points together, I was wondering which LE and KA
#could be combined? what do you make of:
# lonu fatne bajra na'e fatni leika co'e lo'i nu bajra

= lo nu fatne bajra cu na'e fatne lei ka ce'u co'e lo'i nu bajra?

There is an event of running backwards such that it is not the
reverse ordering of properties, taken jointly, of being in a
certain relationship with the set of events of running.

I've no idea what this is supposed to mean. What is the English
version of what you intended?

** read {fadni}, not {fatni}
** the lei ka ce'u [kei] is a, wrong and b, confusing, forget it.

** "An event of running backwards is unusual among events of running. I
wanted to add "in the properties usually associated with events of running"

**I basically can't think of a case where lenu would mean anything. what
would lo'e nu mean?

mi djica lonu mi penmi do = I want to meet you

mi djica lo'enu mi penmi do = I want to meet you in the usual sense of the
word: we'll say "hello, I'm Greg. -I'm And, How do you do...", shake hands
etc.

mi djica lenu mi penmi do =????

**I can't figure out which gadri to put before ka

**mi'e greg