Subject: Re: [lojban] frants.verf,l.: sticky modal in relative clause(s)?

From: "Jorge Llambias" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 18:20:06

la aulun cusku di'e

>(...offer for rescue...), dark, subdued, vague, like all offers of that 
>kind. (He knows that...)
>(...te friti lenu terckape sidju...) noi tai ki le'e nunfriti cu manku 
>zi'enoi xablau zi'enoi nalsatci (.i ki djuno...)
>
>Do I need to make the modal sticky in order to refer to all (parts of?) the 
>relative clause(s) joined by {zi'e}?

You can sidestep the question by saying: {noi tai le'e nunfriti
cu manku gi'e xablau gi'e nalsatci}

>If yes, have I to undo stickyness at the beginning of the (normal) 
>following sentence, or is this unnecessary because it is referring
>only to the relative clauses (and there's no more relative clause to 
>follow)?

I don't know, but I guess that if it can jump from one relative
clause to another it must also jump to the next sentence.

mu'o mi'e xorxes

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp