Subject: RE: [lojban] Digest Number 1116

From: "And Rosta" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:16:01 -0000

Greg:
> **I basically can't think of a case where lenu would mean anything. what
> would lo'e nu mean?
> 
> mi djica lonu mi penmi do = I want to meet you
> 
> mi djica lo'enu mi penmi do = I want to meet you in the usual sense of the
> word: we'll say "hello, I'm Greg. -I'm And, How do you do...", shake hands
> etc.
> 
> mi djica lenu mi penmi do =????
> 
> **I can't figure out which gadri to put before ka

I would use lo'e for ka, because there is only one ka.

I don't really understand what djica with a nu complement means, 
but given your translations, "djica le (ka'e) nu mi penmi do" means 
that you wish for each of certain events of us meeting to happen,
not just any old events of us meeting. "Mi djica lo nu mi penmi
do" sort of means "I want to meet you", but would not be falsified
by there being an event of us meeting that you did not want to
happen. "Mi djica lo'e nu mi penmi do" means (IMO) that you are
looking at the universe of discourse in such a way that there is
only one (ka'e) nu mi penmi do, and you're saying you want it to
happen.

--And.