Subject: RE: [lojban] "generic Odysseys"

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:20:21 +0000

>>> michael helsem <[email-masked]> 11/11/01 11:38pm >>>
#>what gadri to use such that "<GADRI> cuktrxamleta" is
>synonymous with "Hamlet".
#
#le prenrmaikl cu mibypre...
#
#"la prenrmaikl" could be a Lojban rock band, for all i know.

I agree about "la prenrmaikl". As for "le prenrmaikl[u]", I hope the idea
is that "prenrmaiklu" is defined in terms of Michael Helsem. But in this
case, I would see "prenrmaiklu" as equivalent to "me la maiky'elsym"
(assuming that the referent of "la maiky'elsym" has been fixed as
"Michael Helsem") and the question is what gadri to prefix to these to 
come out with something that determinately refers to Michael Helsem.
To my mind, the right gadri would be "lo'e", the gadri to use when a
category is being viewed as singleton, while "le" would mean
"each of certain specific versions of Michael Helsem".

--And.