Subject: RE: [lojban] "generic Odysseys"

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:55:19

>From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
li'o
>"le" would mean
>"each of certain specific versions of Michael Helsem".
>

le purci prenrmaiku goiko'a .i
le balvi prenrmaiklu goiko'e .i

le steci be le prenrmaiklu cu ve jmine ko'a cezo'e ce ko'e

i can't see "lo'e prenrmaiklu" being other than "le cnano befi
le prenrmaiklu" taking the latter as the set of "ko'a bi'i ko'e".
and that really has a use with "cnano leka cerni" for example,
if someone who only sees me at the same hour every day wanted to
discuss my morning manifestation (grouchiness, just-showered
dampness)...

"...the spring of the Army-McCarthy hearings... John [Berryman], as an 
addicted reader of The New York Times, once began a class by holding up the 
front page so the class might see the latest revelation in the ongoing 
drama. 'These fools will rule for a while and be replaced by other fools and 
crooks. This,' and he opened a volume of Keats to the 'Ode to a 
Nightingale', 'will be with us for as long as our language endures.'" 
--Philip Levine, in The Bread of Time (1994)

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp