Subject: Re: [lojban] Why is there so much irregularity in cmavo/gismu?

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 15:09:41 +0000

There are pages on the Wiki in a section called "Wouldn't it have been niceif" where bad but irrevocable decisions of the past can be noted.

--And.

>>> <[email-masked]> 11/13/01 07:25am >>>
It's one thing for English to have its quirks, but one competing to 
replace it should be as regular as possible. Here's an obvious 
example, with modals.

mukti=mu'i
mupli=mu'u

Why the irregularity? Maybe because someone decided to make a Hindi 
word thousands of years ago that didn't jive with a Chinese one made 
even earlier.

As far as I'm concerned, all the cmavo, gismu, and rafsi should be 
redone so they are much more systematic. For true cultural 
nutrality, make them more or less random within a systematic 
framework.

To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/