Subject: Re: [lojban] normal vs average

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:45:50 EST

In a message dated 11/13/2001 11:58:05 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> And which is fadni?
> 
> >>> [email-masked] 11/13/01 02:16pm >>>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> How do we distinguish normal (as opposed to abnormal, which indicates 
> something's wrong) from average (mean, median, mode)? Which is cnano? My 
> average reliability figures, because of floods, have recently been quite 
> abnormal!
> 
> 

Well, now that that is decided -- {cnano} for empirical/statistical notions 
and {fadni} for (dare I say it) normative ones -- what is the next question? 
How to tell mean from median from mode from....? And which one gets (pace &) 
{lo'e}?