Subject: Re: [lojban] a goodbye of sorts

From: And Rosta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:29:18 +0000

Lojban is the only loglang that stands any chance of developing a
community of users, but if you're only interested in design then I
don't see why you can't stay involved with Lojban while developing
and refining your own loglang. If your ideas amount only to
adjustments to Lojban, then these can be documented on the wiki
(under "Wouldn't it have been nice if"). If you develop a fully-fledged
loglang, you can at least mention and link to it on the Wiki. IIRC
the wiki already has mentions of and links to Guaspi, Liva and Ro, and perhaps Ceqli. The Loglan site has links to some of these, too.

--And.

>>> <[email-masked]> 11/14/01 05:53am >>>
i spent a lot of time trying to learn the gismu so i could enjoy 
reading. and when i managed to get through whole parapgraphs of 
Alice...it was wonderful! but eventually i got tired of dealing with 
the irregularities rampant in the language. irregularities are 
common in all natural languages, but one that is 
supposedly "designed" should have far fewer than lojban has. look at 
the jbosnu group...nobody posts there now. it seems people enjoy 
talking about the language, but not in it. lojban is a second 
generation language, evolved from loglan. if history repeats and a 
new language sprouts from lojban, i'd like to be involved in it. i 
intend to get started on a binary-encoded language, and lojban's 
design will help greatly with it.

To unsubscribe, send mail to [email-masked] 

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/