Subject: RE: [lojban] Why is there so much irregularity in cmavo/gismu?

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 01:37:46

>From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
li'o
>Why not treat this with a more Sapir-Whorf attitude, and ponder the deep
>meaning behind the FACT that xu is in UI? Maybe a question is really an
>attitude after all.
>

sure--an attitude of quizzicality.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"...the spring of the Army-McCarthy hearings... John [Berryman], as an 
addicted reader of The New York Times, once began a class by holding up the 
front page so the class might see the latest revelation in the ongoing 
drama. 'These fools will rule for a while and be replaced by other fools and 
crooks. This,' and he opened a volume of Keats to the 'Ode to a 
Nightingale', 'will be with us for as long as our language endures.'" 
--Philip Levine, in The Bread of Time (1994)

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com/intl.asp