Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Introduction, and zutse/se sutse

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:59:41 -0500

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 09:14:30PM -0500, Craig wrote:
> And, as a newbie and thus lacking the prior context, does my sig make any
> sense to you at all?
> 
> '.i do cu vanci le ba panje xusra
> .i denci gunma le se gidva'

Grammatically, sure. Content-wise, not a bit. With the help of jbofi'e
(to make up for my poor vocabulary) I translate this as:

You are the evening of those who were spongey asserters, the toothy
group of guided ones.

I can only assume that you're using some very unfamiliar metaphors.. {do
cu vanci} might mean that you are the last of, or near the end of a sequence
of, or signalling the end of something. {le ba panje xusra} might be an
individual or group who were particularly wishy-washy in their assertions.
Perhaps a politician or fence-sitter. I assume that the elided x1 sumti of
the second bridi is {le ba panje xusra}, because I don't see {do} as making
much sense in the x1 of gunma. How the group might be toothy or somehow
related to teeth is unclear. Maybe they're dentists. 

--John